ISTARI.AI and University of Salzburg launch long-term scientific cooperation
Sebastian Schmidt & Jan Kinne
Digital Innovation Layer project is funded by the Austrian Research Promotion Agency FFG
21. April 2023
On 1 April 2023, the long-awaited Digital Innovation Layer project was launched, in which ISTARI.AI, together with the Paris Lodron University Salzburg (PLUS) and Spatial Services GmbH (SpaSe), will address the topic of location analysis for innovative companies. Over the next three years, progress will be made in basic research. The project will be headed by Prof. Dr. Bernd Resch. It is funded by the Austrian Research Promotion Agency FFG within the framework of the BRIDGE programme.
The Digital Innovation Layer project focuses on the combination of diverse data sources for an improved, multi-dimensional analysis of location factors of innovative companies. The basis for this will be different digital sources as well as traditional geodata. ISTARI.AI will provide expertise for the analysis of company websites on a wide range of topics such as innovation, technology diffusion or sustainability. PLUS, on the other hand, can look back on a long history of research in the field of social media, from whose networks prevailing emotions and opinions are often extracted. However, the assessment of location quality will also be carried out using other, new types of data sources. For this purpose, the project will use geodata from the OpenStreetMap project, satellite remote sensing data (e.g. from the Copernicus programme) and socio-demographic databases. Methodological advancements are expected especially in the area of information fusion of geodata.
ISTARI.AI is very much looking forward to working together with PLUS and SpaSe over the next three years!
- Salzburg: by Sebastian Schmidt (private)
- SpaSe: https://www.spatial-services.com/spatialservices/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/SpaSe-Logo-mit-Claim700px.png
- Uni Salzburg: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/39/University_of_Salzburg_logo.jpg
- FFG: https://www.ffg.at/themes/ffg2018/img/ffg_logo_de.svg
- Federal MinistryRepublic of Austria: https://globalabc.org/sites/default/files/members/Austria.jpg
- FTE: https://www.fh-kufstein.ac.at/eng/research/logo/3550172
Interested in the data that was used in this case study?
Just book a free demo.